A giving Savior ought to have giving disciples.
21 And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury.
2 And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites.
3 And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all:
4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.
I. THE LORD JESUS OBSERVES OUR GIVING
A. Jesus observes the givers.
B. Jesus observes the amounts given.
1. Whatever we give should be out of love for the Lord, not for self-gratification.
2. Whatever we give should be given looking to God to supply all our needs.
3. We should give faithfully, no matter what our circumstances.
II. THE LORD JESUS EVALUATES OUR GIVING
A. Jesus evaluates the cost of the gift to the giver.
B. Jesus evaluates the motive of the giver.
III. WE MUST GIVE AS UNTO HIM
1. It shows us how we should respond to the great love of Christ.
2. It points us to Christ’s total self-giving for us on the cross.